Am i still married?

Asked over 3 years ago - Inman, SC

my wife sent me divorce papers years ago and i recently noticed that they had my social security number wrong on the paper work.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert Ricci

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . If a final judgment was entered, you are divorced. The social security number issue shouldn't be a problem.

    Robert Ricci, Jr., Esq.
    1743 St. Georges Avenue
    Rahway, NJ 07065

    Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal... more
  2. Yevgeny Jack Berner


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Did you sign the paperwork and was it then filed/signed by the Court? What paperwork did you sign?

    Jack Berner

    DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,315 answers this week

2,816 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,315 answers this week

2,816 attorneys answering