Am i responsible for my kids mother's food stamp fraud in Colorado.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Denver, CO

i got an apartment for my kids mom she was on public assistance, but i did not benefit from this and do not understand how a default judgement could be set against me. I only did it too have a roof over my kids head. is there anyway to have this removed

Additional information

meaning she supposedly got food stamps when i was living somewhere else, and now they want me too pay for it? by default judgement. my question is, am i responsible for the money she collected.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Stephen Clark Harkess

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If a judgment entered against you, then at the moment you are legally responsible to pay that judgment. It is possible that you could reverse the default judgment and if you actually filed an answer and defended yourself you might, or might not, be found liable. If challenging the judgment is important to you, you should gather the paperwork from the court case and hire an attorney to review it with you.

    You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney... more

Related Topics

Criminal charges for fraud

Fraud is a white collar crime in which someone deceives another to secure unlawful or unfair benefits, such as financial or political gain.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,177 answers this week

3,408 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,177 answers this week

3,408 attorneys answering