Skip to main content

Am i responsible for my kids mother's food stamp fraud in Colorado.

Denver, CO |

i got an apartment for my kids mom she was on public assistance, but i did not benefit from this and do not understand how a default judgement could be set against me. I only did it too have a roof over my kids head. is there anyway to have this removed

meaning she supposedly got food stamps when i was living somewhere else, and now they want me too pay for it? by default judgement. my question is, am i responsible for the money she collected.

Attorney Answers 1


If a judgment entered against you, then at the moment you are legally responsible to pay that judgment. It is possible that you could reverse the default judgment and if you actually filed an answer and defended yourself you might, or might not, be found liable. If challenging the judgment is important to you, you should gather the paperwork from the court case and hire an attorney to review it with you.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics