Am I responsible for damage done to property on land that i do not own caused by a tree in common area?

Asked over 2 years ago - Leland, NC

Our HOA is saying that a tree in the common area of the community is the responsibility of the unit owner in which the tree is in front of,if I don't own the property how can I be responsible?

1. Sharon Griffin Scudder

2

Answered . Look at your neighborhood or condominium covenants, if you have those, to determine if there is something in that document that assigns responsibility. Generally, all homeowners share responsibility equally as the homeowners association for common area premises issues, but check to see if you have other documents that have made it your responsibility.

2. Adam Morrow

Answered . Look at your HOA nylaws, rules, and declarations. Also ask the person in your HOA to show you what document states it is the owner where the tree is in front of the condo who is responsible.