Skip to main content

Am i responsibe for 1/2 of medical costs incurred by children over 18yr if it wasnt ordered in the final divorce judjement

Cape Coral, FL |

my ex says i am and i dont have a lawyer

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Not unless you agreed to to do in writing.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272


Not unless it was ordered as part of the Final Judgment.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


Was it court ordered that you're responsible until they are emancipated? If they are still in high school and expected to graduate before 19, you may be. Check the wording and speak with a local attorney who may be able to give you a free consult.

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.


It depends on the wording of the Final Judgment, but in most usual cases, the answer would be No. You should have an attorney review your Final Judgment with you.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer