Am I required to reply to my ex wife's attorney's demand for an income/Expense Dec. FL 150 for Child Support adjustment?

Asked about 1 year ago - Burbank, CA

I live in LA County, CA. My divorce was final April 2013 and I just received a letter and FL-150 request from my ex-wife's attorney. Must I respond to her attorney? If so, do I need to personally file the FL 150 with the court? Nothing on my end has changed since the last FL-150 I filled out and filed with the divorce documents in Feb. 2013. I would love to go to court and have the court decide this matter, what is my next step. Thank you!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Technically, opposing counsel can request an updated Income and Expense Declaration under Family Code 3664, which states:

    3664. (a) At any time following a judgment of dissolution of marriage or legal separation of the parties, or a determination of paternity, that provides for payment of support, either the party
    ordered to pay support or the party to whom support was ordered to be paid or that party's assignee, without leave of court, may serve a request on the other party for the production of a completed current income and expense declaration in the form adopted by the Judicial
    (b) If there is no response within 35 days of service of the request or if the responsive income and expense declaration is incomplete as to any wage information, including the attachment of
    pay stubs and income tax returns, the requesting party may serve a request on the employer of the other party for information limited to the income and benefits provided to the party in the form adopted by the Judicial Council. The employer may require the requesting party to pay the reasonable costs of copying this information for the requesting party. The date specified in the request served on the employer for the production of income and benefit information shall not be less than 15 days from the date this request is issued.

    If you want to modify your child support order based on a change in circumstances , then you need to file a Request for Order, and I am providing a link below for more information. Good luck.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the... more
  2. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes and supply wage stubs and income tax returns if the matter is on calendar, check the status of the case or go to court and check the file.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced 39+ yrs. I can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practicein Los... more
  3. Tobie Brina Waxman

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You should respond, but, unless a hearing regarding support is pending, you do not need to file the FL-150 with the court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,719 answers this week

2,899 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,719 answers this week

2,899 attorneys answering