Am I owed legal fees if the Plaintiff loses because of lack of personal jurisdiction?

Asked about 1 year ago - Edmond, OK

The plaintiff filed on me in the state of California for a libel suit and I live in Oklahoma and was served in Oklahoma and I do not meet minimum contacts for California to have personal jurisdiction over me. So I filed a motion to quash on personal jurisdiction. The plaintiff has his filing fees waived because he is on SSI and it cost me $435 to respond with my motion to his suit. Since he filed in the wrong venue, can I force him to pay my legal fees once I win the hearing?? I thought that California had a special statute that imposed the defendants legal fees on the plaintiff for filing in the wrong venue???

1. Victor R. Wandres

Pro

Answered . You need to post this in the California section. Most Oklahoma attorneys will be unfamiliar with California civil procedure laws. Good luck.