Am I owed legal fees if the Plaintiff loses because of lack of personal jurisdiction?

Edmond, OK |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

The plaintiff filed on me in the state of California for a libel suit and I live in Oklahoma and was served in Oklahoma and I do not meet minimum contacts for California to have personal jurisdiction over me. So I filed a motion to quash on personal jurisdiction. The plaintiff has his filing fees waived because he is on SSI and it cost me $435 to respond with my motion to his suit. Since he filed in the wrong venue, can I force him to pay my legal fees once I win the hearing?? I thought that California had a special statute that imposed the defendants legal fees on the plaintiff for filing in the wrong venue???

1. You need to post this in the California section. Most Oklahoma attorneys will be unfamiliar with California civil procedure laws. Good luck.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established. Your best course of action is to consult with an attorney by phone or personal meeting. Contact your local bar association for a referral.