Am i owed benefits? And How do I receive my benefits if they won't give it to me? Should i contact labor laws?

Asked 11 months ago - Dayton, OH

Okay so I was hired as a part time employee working 20 hours a week over a year ago.however in November of last year they started working me 40 hours a week because they were short staffed.so ever since November of last year Ive been working 40 hours a week with no benefits! Im pretty sure this is illegal.I've begged and begged to be made into a full time employee and they make up weird excuses as to why they can't do it! My companys rules are if you are full-time which is 35 hours, you are entitled to dental and health insurance! Ive worked 40 hours for almost a year and I don't get any of that! Also I don't even get the 35 paid vacation hours a full-time employee gets! Because I'm put in as part time and not full-time there not even acknowledging the fact that this is illegal! Help me!

1. Paula Brown Sinclair

3

Answered . This is not a Social Security question, as you have it tagged. It is more an employment law issue, so I have retagged it to attract the attention of employment law practitioners. Your situation may merit a complaint to your state Department of Labor.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. Lee Alan Thompson

1

Answered . Repost this to employment law. I can't for some reason change it for you.