Am i owed benefits? And How do I receive my benefits if they won't give it to me? Should i contact labor laws?

Dayton, OH |
Filed under: Employment

Okay so I was hired as a part time employee working 20 hours a week over a year ago.however in November of last year they started working me 40 hours a week because they were short staffed.so ever since November of last year Ive been working 40 hours a week with no benefits! Im pretty sure this is illegal.I've begged and begged to be made into a full time employee and they make up weird excuses as to why they can't do it! My companys rules are if you are full-time which is 35 hours, you are entitled to dental and health insurance! Ive worked 40 hours for almost a year and I don't get any of that! Also I don't even get the 35 paid vacation hours a full-time employee gets! Because I'm put in as part time and not full-time there not even acknowledging the fact that this is illegal! Help me!

This is not a Social Security question, as you have it tagged. It is more an employment law issue, so I have retagged it to attract the attention of employment law practitioners. Your situation may merit a complaint to your state Department of Labor.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

For some reason, the practice area cannot be changed.

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

Paula, I started running into that problem about a week ago. Hoping the person will see it and repost.

Paula Brown Sinclair

Paula Brown Sinclair

Yes, Avvo gives no notice of implementing its "improvements" and upgrades.

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

Quite an improvement lol

Repost this to employment law. I can't for some reason change it for you.