Am I obligated to take care of my daughter while she is spending court arranged visits with her dad?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I am divorced and I have physical custody of our daughter. Her dad asked me to take care of our daughter for some hours during his court divorce arranged visits hours. I have to work and take driving classes and go to checkup doctor visit. Am I obligated to take care of my daughter if her dad is asking me to take care of her for some hours during his parenting visits? I need to get my driving license soon.

1. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . The short answer is no, if it's his time & he's not available, then he'll need to provide for child care for that time. Communicate same to him on a timely basis. You may also consult a NYC Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. Bruce Provda

Pro

4

1

Answered . No, you are not required to do that according to your agreement. Your ex husband should try to make some arrangement for the hours he won't be available. He is basically responsible for this. You, of course, want to be sure that his arrangements are good for your child, but it is up to him to make them. Speak with your divorce attorney.

3. Marco Caviglia

2

Answered . He can hire a daycare person like any other parent.