Am i obligated to pay a $250 contract modification fee. If an Auto dealer with inhouse financing gave me false ssn information?

Ontario, CA |

2/20/14 i purchased a used car from a dealer. he claimed my ssn was coming up under someone elses name when doing the credit check online at Experian & he couldnt put the car under my name, so he said he could give the car to me under my dads name as a cosigner & once we got everything cleared up he would switch it back without a cosigner.next day i found out my ssn was fine. i called him back he claimed it had been some type of glitch with Experian& he had fixed it & my name would just be on the car now. 2/22/14 i asked for a copy of the newly revised contract without my father he said no changes unless i pay a $250 fee for a contract change. I told him he didnt inform us of this & we shouldnt have to pay for the companies mistake. he says that its Experians fault and those are the rules

1. I hope your father didn't cosign. This dealer is too shady to let him off the contract if he did sign it. Take the car back and rescind the contract. Go to an honest dealer.

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.

Lemon law topics