Skip to main content

Am i looking at jail time now?

Moreno Valley, CA |

I payed 90$ an 1st signed up for house arrest the bi-weekly amount was 618$ however i could not afford so i went and changed to work release and payed another 90$. I missed my 1st day to report then went to report the second day and was Told to go speak with the work release program Again.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. I would talk to the program again and see what can be done. Otherwise, talk to your attorney and see what can be done to get back in the program.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

  2. Probably not, but I am not sure of your prior history or how the work release program will report your failure to report - or how probation and the judge will react. There is no black-and-white rule on this sort of thing. Just show a good attitude and show up on time ready to work hard next time, if there is such an opportunity.

  3. Maybe. Depends on the Judge, your history regarding convictions and VOPs, and local jail overcrowding.

    The content on this Web site is intended for informational purposes only. No part of this site is intended to provide legal advice. Nothing on this site is intended to nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. The information contained herein does not constitute any type of guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of any specific case. Each case is unique and depends on the specific facts of that case. Never solely rely on the internet to determine your legal actions.

  4. If the work release program down there is anything like the one up here in Sacramento, it's run by the local Sheriff. The Sheriff has absolute authority to accept you back into the program or not accept you. If they don't accept you back, you may very well be going to jail if completing work release was a condition of your probation.

    Up here, the Sheriff is increasingly adopting a zero tolerance policy for no-shows.

    You may need to go back to court to plead your case to a judge. Talk to your attorney or hire a new one.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal questions can only be fully answered through consultation with an attorney to whom you give full and accurate details. Anything you post here is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client relationship. It is highly recommended that you seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics