Am I liable if someone gets hurt riding my off-road motorcycle?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

If I allow someone ( adult , over age 21 ) to ride my off - road motorcycle , in a designated OH area , and they get hurt while riding it , am I liable for anything if they tried to sue me ?

1. Michael Charles Doland

6

Answered . An ingenious attoney might be able to find a theory of liability. The normal response would be "assumption of the risk".

2. Adrienne Patricia Allen

4

Answered . Off roading could be considered an inherently dangerous activity to which assumption of the risk may apply as stated by my colleague. However, most likely you will be sued as the registered owner of the motorcycle, which your insurance carrier (if you have one) would take care of for you.

Pro

5

Answered . Not a good idea. Tell them to rent a bike.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

4

Answered . Why risk it. Tell the other person to get his own off road motorcycle.