Am I liable if someone gets hurt riding my off-road motorcycle?

If I allow someone ( adult , over age 21 ) to ride my off - road motorcycle , in a designated OH area , and they get hurt while riding it , am I liable for anything if they tried to sue me ?

1. An ingenious attoney might be able to find a theory of liability. The normal response would be "assumption of the risk".

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. Off roading could be considered an inherently dangerous activity to which assumption of the risk may apply as stated by my colleague. However, most likely you will be sued as the registered owner of the motorcycle, which your insurance carrier (if you have one) would take care of for you.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

3. Not a good idea. Tell them to rent a bike.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

4. Why risk it. Tell the other person to get his own off road motorcycle.