Am i liable for paying my loans or should the University of Phoenix be liable?

Yukon, OK |

I have been attending the University of Phoenix for almost 2 years now, in hopes to one day becoming an RN. Before I enrolled I told the enrollment councilor my dreams and she assured me after taking the Associates in Healthcare Administration I could move on to the next step. However, I found out today I wasn't even enrolled in the proper Associates program (Associates of Applied Science). So, I set 2 years in and 30,000 in debt. When I called my "now" councilor all he could say was "unfortunately we do not offer any programs to assist you in that type of medical field." Really????? So, that leaves me with the questions: why did y'all tell me that was the program I needed? Can anyone please help me? I don't think I should be the one paying for there hidden information!!!

1. There is a lot of info out there about this school's practices, and there are some active legal cases. Google is your best weapon here. Reach out to attorneys with active cases against your school on similar facts. They may be especially interested and ready to take on your dispute.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.