Am I legally responsible for private school tuition?

Asked about 5 years ago - Roslyn, NY

I live in Long Island, New York and pay child support. my daughters mother want to enroll her in a private school. Her current school district is Roslyn.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Look at the child support order. The court has the authority to order the noncustodial parent to pay for educational expenses.

    Moreover, if your wife is adamant about sending the children to private school, she can return to court to seek modification of the order. It is up to the court to determine if you are obligated to pay.

    Also licensed in New York

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,535 answers this week

2,754 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,535 answers this week

2,754 attorneys answering