Am I just as guilty as my employer?

Modesto, CA |

I work at a dealership and my coworker is signing customers signatures on dmv work without their knowledge. Each customer signs a power of attorney. My job is to take the paperwork to the dmv to register the vehicles. The dmv told me that in order for it not to be considered fraud, I am supposed to put my name and write "for" and print the customers name and next to it write "by power of attorney" and turn in the power of attorney paper that the customer sign. I've witnessed my cowoker write in several names and my boss is well aware of what's going. I was taught by my coworker and boss to cross out the dates on the paperwork and write in new dates to avoid paying penalties. I found out that this is penalty of perjury and I did not know at all. Can I get in trouble, though I was mislead?

1. Interesting question indeed. I wonder what else may be going on there. We handle these types of matters all the time and would be happy to speak with you on a day off.

http://www.CaLemons.com