Am I in trouble with OPT if my application reached on the 60th day of grace period? I got the FedEx receipt this morning...

Asked 9 months ago - Philadelphia, PA

Due to some misinformation and confusion, I ended up applying on the last moment. I got the OPT I-20 on the 59th day of grace period and sent the package to USCIS Lewisville, TX overnight. I got the receipt today morning (60th day). What are the chances that my application will be denied? Should I keep the FedEx receipt as evidence?

1. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

1

Answered . Please make sure you save all the evidence. Also, you should consult an immigration attorney.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . If it arrived within the 60 'window' you will be fine ... in that regard.

Yes save the FedEx proof of delivery.

3. Ajay Kumar Arora

1

Answered . Your application will not be treated any differently because it was received on the 60th day as opposed to the first day of eligibility. Impressions or intent does not count here; short of an "act of god" the bright line 60 day window is failsafe. Count your blessings, and save all evidence.