Am I in trouble? its just my first month with this interlock device, What should i do?

Little Falls, NJ |

I had a DWI and mandatory needed to installed a Interlock device. Today Easter, I went to pick up "Peruvian Donuts" which are just regular donuts with honey. Just before turning my car on i took a bite, i wanted to taste the donut. I blew into the breathalyzer and it gave me a lockout of an hour. I called the lady that made the donut and she told me she put "ANIZADO" in the dough. Anizado is a liquor that she used to put in the dough. Now im waiting for the lockout to finished.

1. That is a tough question. You should keep your receipt for the donuts (or get one if you did not) and remember where you bought them. If you do receive a violation, you should consider hiring a lawyer to challenge it by getting a statement from the baker and your receipt for the donuts. If you have a responsibility to report any violations, you should report it.

2. Make sure you get the name of the person you spoke to.

3. What a drag. This too shall pass. Keep all evidence and you should be ok, although I've never had a case with these facts.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

4. As long as you do not drive there is no issue. That is what the interlock is for.

5. Lockouts can create complications. Lockouts are reported to the IDRC, and they can make you seek additional treatment/counselling. Failure to comply can lead to further suspension.

DUI topics