Am I in trouble? its just my first month with this interlock device, What should i do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Little Falls, NJ

I had a DWI and mandatory needed to installed a Interlock device. Today Easter, I went to pick up "Peruvian Donuts" which are just regular donuts with honey. Just before turning my car on i took a bite, i wanted to taste the donut. I blew into the breathalyzer and it gave me a lockout of an hour. I called the lady that made the donut and she told me she put "ANIZADO" in the dough. Anizado is a liquor that she used to put in the dough. Now im waiting for the lockout to finished.

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

4

Answered . That is a tough question. You should keep your receipt for the donuts (or get one if you did not) and remember where you bought them. If you do receive a violation, you should consider hiring a lawyer to challenge it by getting a statement from the baker and your receipt for the donuts. If you have a responsibility to report any violations, you should report it.

2. Steven W. Hernandez

4

Answered . Lockouts can create complications. Lockouts are reported to the IDRC, and they can make you seek additional treatment/counselling. Failure to comply can lead to further suspension.

3. Christopher T Campbell

Pro

3

Answered . Make sure you get the name of the person you spoke to.

4. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

2

Answered . What a drag. This too shall pass. Keep all evidence and you should be ok, although I've never had a case with these facts.

5. Mark M Cheser

Pro

2

Answered . As long as you do not drive there is no issue. That is what the interlock is for.