Am I in contempt of court if I don't to turn over to the court 100% of gross income from an s-corp with no order re the s-corp?

Federal Way, WA |

I'm 100% shareholder of a legal s-corp with a state and federal tax ID, pays state and federal taxes, files annual reports with the state of Washington and annual tax returns, has separately contracted with both individuals and other companies, and complies with RCW 26b and all federal laws, and there is no court order requiring the s-corp to pay anything, the court has not established a legal jurisdiction over the s-corp or "pierced" the corporate veil in a ruling invalidating the legitimacy of the s-corp. The income is a payment for a book of business between a national insurance company and the s-corp. This matter is being tried in family court and my reading of RCW 23b means that I would commit an illegal act if I take the s-corp money and don't pay it's taxes and debts.

I'm looking for a response from a corporate/business attorney.

1. You have a specific legal question and are requesting specific legal advice, not general information. You should consult an attorney.

This is not legal advice. This response is provided for general information only, as a public service. It is not to be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship; nor is it an attempt to create an attorney/client relationship. Consult with local counsel in your jurisdiction about the specifics of your case, which is the only way to gain true meaningful legal guidance and/or representation.

2. If you are in Family court you are in RCW 26 case. The issues in such a case are an equitable division of assets and distribution of debt, a parenting plan if there are children, child support if there are children, spousal maintenance and attorney fees. Your question does not seem to reflect such matters directly so it cannot be answered as posed. Perhaps you should rephrase the question or indicate why it is even a question. Best to consult with a Divorce lawyer or a Business Lawyer.