Skip to main content

Am I guilty of any crime, if I was living with a group of people that were busted for multiple crimes but had no involvement?

Manhattan, KS |

I was living with them but did not assist in the crimes
i escaped from a window when the cops came to the door to talk about one of the crimes
i did not report any of the crimes to the police when they first occurred
i have talked to the police and told them what I knew in regards to the crimes and their activity

Attorney Answers 2


To be guilty of a crime in Kansas you must have known what was going on and participated in some way. Now whether the police and prosecutor believe you did not know or participate I cannnot say. Have you been charged? If so stop talking to the police and find a good criminal defense attorney immediately.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Violent crime topics

Recommended articles about Violent crime

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics