Am I guilty of any crime, if I was living with a group of people that were busted for multiple crimes but had no involvement?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manhattan, KS

I was living with them but did not assist in the crimes
i escaped from a window when the cops came to the door to talk about one of the crimes
i did not report any of the crimes to the police when they first occurred
i have talked to the police and told them what I knew in regards to the crimes and their activity

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

2

Answered . To be guilty of a crime in Kansas you must have known what was going on and participated in some way. Now whether the police and prosecutor believe you did not know or participate I cannnot say. Have you been charged? If so stop talking to the police and find a good criminal defense attorney immediately.

2. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.