Am I guaranteed the full amount of a bonus if it was a verbal agreement?

My employer offered to pay me a $3k bonus for leading employee training. The employer said he did not want the bonus to get heavily taxed for me so I was to be paid $500 a month for 6 months. I have received half of the bonus and now the employer is not paying me the rest. When a new employee was hired the employer decided to let the new hire start leading some of the training sessions. This was never discussed with me and to my knowledge I am still responsible for employee training. The bonus offer was never in writing, but just a verbal agreement between the employer and me.

Greenville, SC -

Keil A Larsen

Keil A Larsen

Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - Bellevue, WA

You have a couple of issues here and it is advisable that you contact a local employment attorney.