Am i going to jail?

Lafayette, LA |

i was placed on probation for a first offense dwi this month. then i came home one night and my fiance and i got into a pretty big fight where things got physical. she called the cops, they came and put me in cuffs. they then asked for statements and said that if i didn't have someone that could come pick me up that they would take me to jail. i had a friend come pick me up and they said i would be receiving a court date in the mail. i really don't know what to do.

What to do is to consult a local criminal attorney - many offer free consultations. DO NOT further discuss the facts of this matter on this or any other public forum, it can be used against you. You can locate a criminal attorney on AVVO under the tab 'Find a Lawyer" Do it now

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

thank you

Your probation officer will be aware of your second arrest. The probation officer may wait to see how the domestic abuse charge turns out or may wait until the last week of your probation before revoking you. An attorney in Lafayette can assist you if a revocation hearing is scheduled. The system is going to assume you have a serious substance abuse problem and will expect you to get a handle on it before giving you a break.

This response does not creat an attorney client relationship. In all cases, I recommend you seek a paid consultation with an attorney with expertise in this area.

well im on probation in iberia parish and live in lafayette parish and the domestic abuse happened in lafayette. So even though they released me to my friend thats still an arrest?

Michael D. Conroy

Michael D. Conroy

You need to see a local attorney.

You need to speak with an attorney immediately! A new arrest may not, in and of itself be grounds for a revocation but the judge won't look well on it.