Am I going to have problems with visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Russia, OH

Hello . I have a question . Could you please help me . I was in USA last summer and I had a student 1 visa . My English as a second language program lasted 4 weeks . And there was a specific rule : " All students must leave a copy of back to their own country air ticket after finishing the program . So I left one . When I was already at home , they wrote me that I didn't leave a copy of air ticket , so they had to write something in my SEVIS and I probably will have problems with next trips to USA . But in fact I didn't do anything wrong . Am I really going to have problem with visa ? Could you help me please . Thank You .

"...had a student F1 visa..."

1. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

6

1

Answered . You will likely have to establish that you departed the United States timely. You should have received a stamp in your passport when you landed abroad. You should be able to use this stamp in the passport as evidence that you departed the US timely. Contact your school official and see if this will suffice.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Answered . I doubt you will have a problem. They may, in an unlikely situation, ask you questions on a secondary inspection or during a visa interview but a simple clarification like that will be sufficient. If you have the papers to back your explanation. Keep them for your records and bring back with you on the next trip. Just in case. Good luck.

3. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . I agree with my two colleagues. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700