Am I going to go to jail? Can I plea guilty for the Class B and get the Class A dropped?

Conroe, TX |

I was charged with a Class A Misdomenor for manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance and a Class B for possession of marijuana.

I have a clean record and this is my first offense.

You really need to consult with a reputable criminal defense lawyer. There is simply not enought info to answer your question here. The answer would depend on far more than whether you are a first offender...things like what was the drug, what were the circumstances, and the prosecutor's policies about drug delivery cases.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

As noted, no attorney can fully advise you based on this minimal amount of evidence. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer in your area and explain all of the facts to them. Best of luck.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

Manufacturing is a felony. So either you are confused about what you are charged with or the level of the offense. Most defense attorneys offer free consultations. You should call a few in your area to find out how they would handle your case.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.