Am I entitled to real estate commission on all transactions that I co marketed to get listings for?

I am a licensed real estate agent. The Broker I worked under started a company and needed to build a infrastructure of buyer's to show large inventory demand to the banks to achieve exclusive listings at discounted prices. He had me market for the business and sign on many investors to show proof to these banks to obtain the listings . The Broker decided to take the listings and sell them to his own investment groups after the fact. He told me even though I marketed to help get the listings I was entitled to zero commission because none of my buyers purchased the listings. Shouldn't I be entitled to something from each of the deals? What is this called and what law protects me?

If the broker violated your compensation agreement or engaged in unethical or fraudulent conduct you should file a complaint with the DRE.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

I agree with my colleague.