Skip to main content

Am I entitled to get overtime pay, I work as a bartender???? Thank-you

Jelm, WY |

Was told by my manager, " don't ask about it you could be fired"

Attorney Answers 1


You probably are entitled to overtime, assuming that the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) covers either you or your employer. If you have a valid overtime claim, then you could recover the unpaid overtime, plus an equal amount as liquidated damages. You could also recover your attorneys' fees and litigation costs. I would encourage you to consult with an employment attorney.

My answers to questions posted on AVVO are intended to provide general information only, and are not intended to be legal advice. Employment law issues typically require a careful case-by-case analysis. Consequently, if you feel that you need legal advice, I would encourage you to consult in person with an employment attorney in your area.

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics