Am I entitled to get my cash deposit back on a vehicle I intended on purchasing?

Chicago, IL |

I have a receipt, the was no "non-redundable" agreement, the car had damage the seller failed to inform me on

Not enough information has been furnished. Is this a new or a used car? Is the seller a dealer or a private individual? Please furnish much more information.

It was a used vehicle from a private individual. We had settled on a price, I gave the seller a $300 deposit, (we never spoke of it being non-refundable) and I was going to purchase the car the following day. However, I decided to get a carfax report on the vehicle, and saw there was major damage i.e: "total loss" "salvaged / severe damaged title". So I then told the seller that the car is not reliable and that I cannot afford to purchase a car in that condition, and requested my deposit back. The seller refused and told me to "grow up," and no longer will respond to my emails or calls.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Small claims?

I was trying to avoid court fees, but if I have to I will