Am i entitled to compensation and a lawsuit i had 2 injuries on the job if so what could it be worth

Asked 12 months ago - Chicago, IL

i am a package handler i was moving packages and it listed 24lbs the package never bulged it was found that it weighed over 100lbs in the process of my trying to lift i felt something snap in my back i informed my supervisor they sent me home the next day they sent me to their docto which stated i had a slight sprain n for me to continue work on light duty (lifting 35lbs and under) the next week pain in my wrist started to flare up so i went to hospital i was than given a specialist which also saw my back injury my diagnosed hernia and a bulging disks in my back and also strained ligaments in my wrists which my doctor confirmed was because of my back injury. i was missed diagnosed by my job physician and because of that my injury has gotten worser they refuse to pay my time off work

1. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

6

1

Answered . You have a very serious injury and that would be foolish for you to pursue this without experienced counsel. I would advise that you speak with more than one attorney before you sign anything. Make sure that any attorney you choose has the knowledge and will spend the time to answer your questions and allow you to make informed decisions. Good luck.

2. Gerald William Napleton

4

Answered . I strongly suggest you contact an attorney that concentrates in workers' compensation claims. You may be in for a rough road ahead of you if your employer is refusing to accomodate your restrictions or is not paying you for your doctor-ordered time off.

It is entirely too early to guess how much your injuries could be worth. That said, contacting an attorney will ensure that your rights under the Workers' Compensation Act are protected and that you aren't railroaded by your employer's insurance carrier (who, you should know, has plenty of lawyers at their disposal). Your attorney will help you settle this matter or take it trial once you are done receiving medical treatment.

There are great attorneys on this site. I would be happy to discuss matters further if you wish.

Best of luck!

3. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

4

Answered . Your sole remedy in Illinois for injuries on the job is a claim against your employer under the Workers' Compensation Act. You cannot sue your employer in a court of law.

That said, from the facts you provide, you may very well have one or two separate comp cases. However, inasmuch as they are being denied, I strongly encourage you to retain a lawyer immediately who handles workers' compensation cases. These are highly intricate and there may be issues with notice and causation of the medical problems.

Comp lawyers are only paid 20% of what they collect, so you owe nothing to talk to one and owe nothing out of your own pocket ever.

You are entitled to TTD benefits (time off work), medical benefits, and PPD benefits, among others. Please talk to an Illinois lawyer who handles workers' compensation matters.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

4. Steven Adam Sigmond

4

Answered . You have a significant Workers Comp case. As someone who has been hurt while working, you are entitled to benefits under the Illinois Workers Compensation Act. These benefits include the right to have your medical bills paid, have your time off from work compensated, and have a settlement or award for disability at the end of the case. You do not have a lawsuit. Workers Comp is an "exclusive remedy." This is your only option.

As in any other type of case, the employer and the adverse insurance carrier are entitled to their own point of you, and ofter an injured party has to be prepared to prove his case before benefits are paid. You are far better off with an experienced Chicago area Workers Compensation lawyer who will know how to prove your case in accordance with the rules. Your next step should be a private, free consultation with a good workers comp lawyer.

Steven A. Sigmond
    Law Office of Steven A. Sigmond
    345 N. Canal #1208
    Chicago, IL 60606
    (312) 258-8188
    Steve@Siglaw.com

5. Michael Lebovitz

4

Answered . As all the previous attorneys that have replied to you before you should call an experienced attorney that handles workers comp. Consultations are free. Good Luck

6. Stephen Patrick Rapp

Pro

2

Answered . Take note of the Informatiom provided to you...consult with a lawyer who handles workers' compensation claims in your location.

Know and Protect Your Legal Rights if Injured

Stephen Patrick Rapp
    Quincy, Adams County, Illinois

www.representinginjuredpeople.com