Am I entitled to any of husbands workers comp money when he settles

Asked over 1 year ago - Staten Island, NY

Separated two years August he had accident in Oct 2013

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . If it is for pain and suffering no. If it is for lost wages, then that is an issue for a divorce case.

2. George Ellis Corson IV

2

Answered . No. Not unless you supported him while he was unable to work.

3. David Brian Snyder

Pro

Answered . I do not believe that you would be entitled, particularly when you are separated while the case is pending and he is out of work. Was anyone required to pay spousal support?

David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    315-451-3040
    http://www.syracuseworkerscomp.com
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and does not offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

4. John M Connell

Pro

1

Answered . You dont indicate if you are going through a divorce. That is important information.