Am I entitled to a copy of my father's will? He died in New York state in 2007.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Prior to my father's death following a period of dementia my mother obtained his power of attorney and excluded me from her will which included the family home and its contents. I only found this out yesterday. I am now trying to discover if there was provision in his last will for me. AM I entitled to do so?

1. Noah D. Cohen

2

Best Answer

Answered . Why don't you take a trip to the Surrogate's Court in the County where the will was probated and examine the will?

2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

2

Answered . It's almost certainly too late to do anything.

3. Daniel Alexander Jimenez

2

Answered . If the will was admitted to probate you can search the records at the Surrogate's Court of the County where your father was domiciled. It is a public record and available to be viewed and copied.