Am I eligible to receive a Green Card?

Hi. I'm a 19-year-old UAE citizen. My mother is a single mom. She is going to marry a US citizen next year. I will be 20 at the time. My mom can surely get the Green Card because she is the spouse of a US citizen. I was wondering whether I am eligible to receive the Green Card at the same time, as the unmarried child under 21. Thank you very much!

New York, NY -

Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

Immigration Attorney - Orlando, FL

Additional information, such as where you and your mother are currently living, where the marriage is expected to take place, etc. are needed to answer your question. You should contact an immigration attorney for a thorough consultation on your case.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

No. I am afraid you do not qualify for a green card due to your mother's upcoming marriage to a US citizen. To qualify, step children of U.S. citizens must be younger than 18 years of age prior to the parent's marriage to the US citizen.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Sorry, no, you are too old to qualify under your mother.

___________________________________________________________
Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW
franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com
SKYPE MULTI-PARTY VIDEO AVAILABLE