Am I eligible to re-apply for TPS?

New York, NY |

In 2010, as a citizen of Haiti, I had initially filed for and was granted Temporary Protected Status. However, owing to reasons that pertain to personal hardship, I had failed to re-register last year. Now that a new re-registration period is pending, I am wondering whether or not I can re-apply. If possible, what steps could a lawyer help me take to successfully re-register?

If you had initially registered and then failed to register, once there is a re-authorization period, you may be able to reapply within 60 days of re-authorization. You can call us for assistance to ascertain if you meet all the other requirements to re-apply, regards.

I agree with my colleague

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

SInce you appear to have failed to after having initially registered, you may be able to reapply within 60 days of the next re-authorization period. Before doing so though, consult with an immigration lawyer to determine if you meet all other requirements

Thank you for your question.

Joseph G. Cella, Esq.
Cella & Associates, LLC
Premier NJ Immigration Law Firm

National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers provided herein neither constitute legal advice, nor create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration