Am I eligible to re-apply for TPS?

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

In 2010, as a citizen of Haiti, I had initially filed for and was granted Temporary Protected Status. However, owing to reasons that pertain to personal hardship, I had failed to re-register last year. Now that a new re-registration period is pending, I am wondering whether or not I can re-apply. If possible, what steps could a lawyer help me take to successfully re-register?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Haroen Calehr


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you had initially registered and then failed to register, once there is a re-authorization period, you may be able to reapply within 60 days of re-authorization. You can call us for assistance to ascertain if you meet all the other requirements to re-apply, regards.

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleague

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Joseph Gerard Cella


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . SInce you appear to have failed to after having initially registered, you may be able to reapply within 60 days of the next re-authorization period. Before doing so though, consult with an immigration lawyer to determine if you meet all other requirements

    Thank you for your question.

    Joseph G. Cella, Esq.
    Cella & Associates, LLC
    Premier NJ Immigration Law Firm

    National Toll Free: 877-583-7080. Joseph Cella, Esq. has been practicing Immigration Law for 19 years. The answers... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,027 answers this week

2,686 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,027 answers this week

2,686 attorneys answering