Am I eligible to get my citizenship?

Barstow, CA |

Ive been in military for 2 mounth and i got medical discharge,I even passed my citizenship test while i was in basic training,how ever my husband is in militarry as well and he just got his citizenship,I m wondering to ask if im still eligibale to get my citizenship or not

1. It depends. If it was an honorable discharge you should be ok. If not than this may be a huge problem for GMC-Good Moral Character grounds. What was the nature of your "medical discharge?" Also, it depends whether you are qualifying for naturalization based on the 3 or 5 years or based on special expedited military rules for serving in theater of war or within 6 months of discharge etc. Need more info and need to consult with competent immigration counsel to discuss details about your situation.

2. I believe Attorney Calehr has answered your question with great detail and given wonderful advice to seek counsel

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. I agree with my colleagues. More facts are needed.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.