Am I eligible Social Security Benefit?

Denver, CO |

I am a Legal Permanent Resident since 2002, (family sponsored immigrant visa petition). I am now 77 years old. I have never been employed in USA. I have no other income. Currently I am living under State funded assistances. (Food stamps, housing benefit, health benefits, etc). Now, If I choose to become a U.S. Citizen, what are the Social Security, Health or Financial benefits do I receive? Do I get Social Security Income? I appreciate any detailed infos. Thank you for your help.

Am I eligible for SSI???

1. If you have never had earned income in the USA, then you are not eligible for Social Security which is based on the earnings you made while employed in the USA. You can check to see if you are eligible for SSI (Welfare Disability) which is a program not based on your earnings as a worker in the USA.

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is not meant and should not be construed to be the formation of an attorney client relationship. I practice Virginia Workers compensation law and Social Security Disability law.

2. I think that this question was already asked at least two times before. I agree with my colleague.