Am I Eligible for the refugee status under Lautenberg amendment if I have Jewish grandmother & have GC Holder sister in US?

Philadelphia, PA |

I am From Georgia( former USSR) I had Jewish grandmother from father's side,-when I visited US twice as a guest I was young at that time I did not participate in social activities , Now I am grown up and have problems because of my identity and views .

You may be eligible for asylum. I would consult with a good asylum attorney regarding the details of your case. If you want more information from me, click on my link below.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

Thank you. Yes please recommend me good attorney who have experience working on Lautenberg Amendment program for refugees ouside US, who can guide me how to apply correctly . Asylum they call status which is requested on the territory of US , Refugee status is different and is requested outside US.

Hello. In My Fathers birth certificate it is written that his mother was Jewish,but not written his own nationality, Can I qualify refugee status under Lautenberg amendment?Everybody knows that in Soviet era many were hiding jewish nationality, by Georgian Law they dont write nationality in citizens documents,but by jewish law my father is considered Jewish.We also have grandmothers documents confirming her jewish nationality.Which Attorney works on this issue?

That amendment is over as of last year. There are other programs available for refugees but not that one.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

No HIAS informed that Amendment is not over it was prolonged till 30 september 2013 ! Only Jewish members are aware about it maybe

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

then deal with HIAS. They are the address for you. I am Jewish and I am telling you it was not prolonged. It was extended for those whose applications are already pending. Besides, they are offering free legal services, why would you need us here?

The Lautenberg Amendment to the Foreign Operations Appropriations Act, allows certain individuals that were denied refugee status to be inspected and paroled into the United States on a humanitarian basis. These individuals are currently processed overseas in Moscow through the Moscow Parole Program before traveling to the United States. After 1 year of residence in the United States, these individuals may then apply for a green card without regard to visa availability.

Today, this provision is limited to only those from the former Soviet Union, or from Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania, and include (but are not necessarily limited to) Jews, Evangelical Christians, and Ukrainian Christians of the Orthodox and Roman Catholic denominations. Prior to mid-1994, these provisions were available to certain individuals from Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos, as well as individuals from the former Soviet Union.

The Moscow Field Office has jurisdiction over U.S. immigration matters in the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult an attorney.

Sreenivasarao Vepachedu

Sreenivasarao Vepachedu

While USCIS will no longer offer parole to individuals denied refugee status under the Lautenberg Amendment, individuals may continue to seek parole on a case-by-case basis for urgent humanitarian reasons through the humanitarian parole process. Information on humanitarian parole may be found at www.uscis.gov. If you are denied refugee status and not offered parole, you may submit a Request for Review of your denied refugee case. You may submit only one request. For more information on the Request for Review process, see our Request for Review Tip Sheet. A person wishing to immigrate to the United States may have other immigration options. Please refer to our website at www.uscis.gov for information on these options.

Thank you. I am aware of this general official information, So I am eligible or not considering m y individual situation ? Would you recommend me attorney who is working exactly on this issue to guide me how to apply ?

I am not yet denied refugee status becaus I have not yet participated in it. I just want to apply for refugee status this year