Am I eligible for RAD if I've committed a summary offense ?

State College, PA |

I recently received a citation for public urination and I'm financially unable to hire a lawyer to try to get the charge dismissed . I read that if one wants to get a summary offense expunged , they have to go 5 years without arrest . I'm still a freshmen in college and this is my first criminal offense and I don't want this to stay on my record for 5 years . Am I eligible for the RAD program for such a charge ?

The ARD program is not available for this offense. You should call around to determine if a criminal attorney would be willing to work out a payment plan. It is important for you to resolve this matter. Good luck.

I agree with Mr. Keller on both points. ARD is not available for a summary offense. You should at least talk with some criminal defense attorneys. Most offer free, if limited, consultations. Legal fees vary a good bit within a market and some good attorneys will agree to a payment plan in some situations. Take advantage of the free consults to interview lawyers practicing in Centre County to see what the possibilities may be.