Am I eligible for L1 visa for the company I worked for 5 year (outside US) and left 18 months back

Asked over 1 year ago - San Mateo, CA

Am I eligible for L1 visa for the company I worked for 5 year (outside US) and left 18 months back. I am now on H1B for a different company. I have an offer from my previous company in US and would like to take it if I can be eligible for L1 visa.

Thanks

1. Mario Steven Zapata

Pro

1

1

Answered . Your 18-month absence from that company should not disqualify you. Generally, you may seek such status if the employee had been working for a qualifying organization abroad for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding his or her admission to the United States.

Consult and Hire an attorney to assist with your case. Good luck!

2. Maria J. Marty

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . I also agree that you are eligible for the same reasons my colleagues have stated. You will definitely want to work with an attorney on this one. If you qualify for L1a, even better.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

2

1

Answered . Yes. You are eligible to work for your old employer if you worked for them outside the USA for at least 1 year in the past 36 months prior ot filing the application

4. Gabriel Dylan Jack

Answered . Assuming you fulfill all of the other requirements, you should qualify for the L1.
    [removed]