Am I eligible for food stamps?

Orlando, FL |

Hello I am a 30 year old female citizen married to another citizen with 1 child. We are currently both students and live with my parents. Both are unemployed. I do not have any savings or income. My husband has no income but is on his parents bank account.
Are we eligible for food stamps?

That may depend on your actual living arrangements, and the income of the household as a whole, however that household may be defined. You would need to submit an application and the food stamp office would make a determination,

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Is the household defined as how many people living under the roof or direct family member (ex. Wife, husband, child?)

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

It depends on how you set it up. You can live under the same roof and have separate households, or not. I don't know all the factors, but one is eating separately and keeping your food separately.