Am I eligible for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals? So called Dream Act?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Barbara, CA

I came to the States when I was 14, completed high school, college and grad school. I have always been on F-1. I'm currently on H1B, but my company is going to shut down and I'm having a hard time to find new sponsorship. Am I eligible to apply for the deferred action? Do I have to be illegal to be able to apply for this? I kept getting different answers, someone please confirm this for me please? Thank you!

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, you got that one right: you basically have to be illegal to qualify for DACA. There is no such law or policy as "DREAM ACT". It never passed.

Try to enroll back in school for now..

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . There is no Dream Act, so called or otherwise.

You do not qualify for DACA under the facts you give.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . No. Yes.