Am I eligible for deferred action?

Asked about 2 years ago - Sleepy Hollow, NY

I came here before the age of 16 (I was 15,) and I have no criminal records of any kind. Also I have very good grades, I am in college through a full scholarship (private scholarship since I am undocumented I can't get government benefits.) However when this policy came out I had been here for 4 years and 6 months, and the policy says I must have been here for 5 years from the day the policy came out. Will I be eligible on January when it has been 5 years since I came, or will I never be eligible?

1. Jay K Goldberg

2

Answered . You keep posting this in the criminal lawyer forum. You need to post this in the immigration attorney forum. You need to have this addressed by a lawyer who does immigration law not criminal law.

2. Benjamin J Lieberman

2

Answered . Repost this in the immigration forum not criminal defense.

3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Answered . No,,,,you need 5 years from when it came out, not total time in US.

4. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

1

Answered . Hello, you may still qualify but it is not known for sure. Please fill out our 1 minute free assessment questionnaire at www.swagatusa.com/deferred-action

Also if you want to be first to know when the filing starts sign up for our newsletter at www.swagatusa.com/swagatusa-newsletter.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com

Good Luck!