Am I eligible for deferred action?

Sleepy Hollow, NY |
Filed under: Deferred action

I came here before the age of 16 (I was 15,) and I have no criminal records of any kind. Also I have very good grades, I am in college through a full scholarship (private scholarship since I am undocumented I can't get government benefits.) However when this policy came out I had been here for 4 years and 6 months, and the policy says I must have been here for 5 years from the day the policy came out. Will I be eligible on January when it has been 5 years since I came, or will I never be eligible?

You keep posting this in the criminal lawyer forum. You need to post this in the immigration attorney forum. You need to have this addressed by a lawyer who does immigration law not criminal law.

No,,,,you need 5 years from when it came out, not total time in US.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Repost this in the immigration forum not criminal defense.

Hello, you may still qualify but it is not known for sure. Please fill out our 1 minute free assessment questionnaire at

Also if you want to be first to know when the filing starts sign up for our newsletter at

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC

Good Luck!

Recommended articles about Immigration