Am I eligible for ARD if I've committed a summary offense ?

Asked over 1 year ago - State College, PA

I recently received a citation for public urination and I'm financially unable to hire a lawyer to try to get the charge dismissed . I read that if one wants to get a summary offense expunged , they have to go 5 years without arrest . I'm still a freshmen in college and this is my first criminal offense and I don't want this to stay on my record for 5 years . Am I eligible for the ARD program for such a charge ?

1. Robert C. Keller

4

Answered . You have previously asked this question. The ARD program is not available for this offense. Hire a criminal defense attorney to maximize a chance for a favorable resolution.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . I answered you earlier version with the typo, please see it there.

3. David E. Hershey

Pro

3

Answered . Some counties in Pa will offer ARD on a summary offense--not sure if Centre county does. The District Attorney's office should be able to answer that question. Another option would be to request the District Court judge, with the approval of the officer, to request community service in exchange for a withdrawl /dismissal of the charge upon successful completion.

4. Michael Kotik

Pro

2

Answered . You might be eligible for some other alternative program, like community service. I would suggest talking to a criminal defense attorney who can advise you of some of your other options. A good lawyer should be able to work something out with the arresting officer/prosecutor especially if it is your first offense.

www.LEGALPHILLY.com

Michael Kotik, Esq.
    Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)
    1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    267-265-4553 (Direct 24/7 Line)
    mnk@legalphilly.com (Direct Email)