Am I eligible for an L1 Visa?

New York, NY |

I worked for a company in the US for 10 months and OPT is expiring soon. Am I eligible for an L1 Visa? Employer doesn't seem eager to sponsor for H1B, maybe because there is a quota and money could get wasted. not sure.

1. Not on the facts you give.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Given that you were in the US in OPT status for at least 10 months and also who knows ho long as a student before that, you d not qualify for an L-1A visa.

Based on the facts as presented you also do not seem to qualify for L-1B "special knowledge". Sorry.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.