Am I eligible for a tourist visa?

Hayward, CA |

I lived in the U.S, I entered with a humanitory visa when I was 5 yrs old and stayed there for 23yrs. I studied, worked, and had a daughter. I've been out of the U.S for 2 yrs and now I want to go visit, so I want to apply for a visa. Do I have any chances?

You say you want to apply for a visa. To visit? Or to live here? What were the conditions of the humanitarian visa. If you were unlawfully present for more than 180 days, you will need a waiver before you can reenter.

I strongly suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to flesh out the issues and render appropriate advice.

Curtis F. Pierce
Attorney At Law
Certified Specialist, Immigration & Nationality Law
The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
The Pacific Center
523 West Sixth Street, Suite 348
Los Angeles, California
90014

Tel: 213 327 0044

Fax: 213 327 0066

www.cpvisa.com

I want to visit. Not sure of the conditions of the visa, all I know is that I arrived to the U.S when I was 5yrs old and the visa was to attend a relatives funeral, and I ended up staying for 20yrs.

It all depends on your immigration and criminal histories. Did you spend any time out of status?
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

yes I did.

I have no criminal history. Does the fact that I had a daughter in the U.S and received medi-cal affec my chances?

I would suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review all of the specifics in your file and strategize with you. Good luck to you

Debbi Klopman, ESq.
398 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217
www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com
dkny430@aol.com
718 622 1208
This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

Debbi Klopman, ESq. 398 Bergen Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com dkny430@aol.com 718 622 1208 This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

Thanks