Skip to main content

Am I eligible for a downward modification to child support?

Glen Cove, NY |

I lost my job during my divorce, My income was imputed. I currently make 40% less then what my support was set on. I am in industrial sales and do to the economy my commission is less. What do I need to get downward modification?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. As your income was imputed, it may dificult, to establish proper grounds for downward modification. That being said, if sufficient time has transpired since the divorce judgment, that you can establish a pattern of reduced earnings, it may be worth pursuing. The courts are obviously having to address more of these cases, and it may be to your benefit to seek the modification now.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics