Am I eligible for "right to abode" in UK?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clearwater, FL

My mother was born in the UK and was a UK citizen (even served in the military during WWII) but became a war bride and moved to the US in the 40's. She finally became a US citizen in the early 90's. I was born in the US and lived here all my life. Am I eligible for a "right to abode" in the UK or a dual citizenship?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . You need to ask a UK immigration lawyer. At Avvo, we are all US immigration attorneys.

2. Rebecca Cook Black

1

Best Answer

Answered . You might check with the embassy. i have dual Irish American citizenship though my Irish grandmother and the Irish consulate helped me- but that was in the 80's and in a very pre-9/11 and immigration fraud fraught world. But the attorney to help would be someone versed in UK or British law.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

1

Answered . You most likely could be, but this is a question to be posed to UK immigration attorneys.
    We here at AVVO are U.S. immigration attorneys and know (almost) nothing about UK immigration or citizenship laws.