Am I eligible, and what will I need for the deferred action/Dream Act that Obama passed a couple weeks ago?

Wichita, KS |

So I was brought to the United States when I was one year old. I'm currently going to be a junior in high school. I have a clean record and I plan to go to college. I never have left the U.S. My mom has a lot of my kindergarten through high school documents and they prove I have been here. I also have other pictures for proof and all that good stuff. But will I need my foreign passport? And about how much will this cost? What other documents will I need? Thank you for answering.

You can read the requirements on our blog at www,immigrationbn/blog deferred action. The Government has not announced the cost or procedure yet. We will know by August 15

1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law. It is not an Act.

2. USCIS has yet to announce how the application process will be carried on.

3. I will be updating as details become available.

4. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

If you are not yet 15 years old, you will need to wait until you are in order to apply (unless you are already in removal proceedings).

Once you are 15 you should prepare a solid package with your school records. Be sure to do gather anything you can today to show you were present on June 15, 2012.

On my site I list the items you need to gather.

We don't know the price yet, but we can prepare quite a bit based on our experience with the USCIS. I don't mean just my firm, but many Immigration attorneys. Many will even help you remotely. I don't think it will be expensive for you.

Here's a video with some basic info about the Executive Order.

Attorney Sheehan and do not acknowledge any Attorney-Client relationship here on These answers are general and for reference purposes only.

Recommended articles about Immigration