Am I being unfairly kept behind at work against my own will ?.

Usk, WA |

I have a part time job here in the UK within a retail store. I work from 4:30 to 8:30 but often get kept behind to put random products back on the shelves and maintain them. It would be around 8:45 that they would let us go but that's not what concerns me too much. Its the fact that they lock us in the store until we are done which almost makes me feel like a prisoner. I dread to think how long they would make me stay on a bad day that means putting more items back. So is this legel ?. Should i bother actually doing something about it because it is very fishy. I would appreciate any possible responses.

1. You need to be putting this post where UK barristers and legal staff will see it. Very few attorneys here can opine about rights of workers in the UK.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.