Am I being overcharged for a marijuana infraction?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Yreka, CA

A friend and I were recently pulled over for a dead tail light(my friend was the driver). The officer claimed to smell marijuana, then subsequently searched our car and found a pipe along with far less than an ounce of marijuana in my possession. I got charged with possession m over 21 and we were pulled over by a CHP officer in Siskiyou County. Thank you in advance to anyone who can shed light on this.

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

8

1

Best Answer

Answered . Did you get arrested or just cited. Possession of an ounce or less is an infraction punishable by a $100 fine. Unless you've left out some details this is the worst you should get.

2. Linh Thiet Nguyen

5

Answered . I took the liberty of tagging this as a criminal defense question. You will get a better response that way. Good luck.

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

1

1

Answered . You should have got a $100 fine, going by your facts.