Am I allowed to go into the navy with certain legal problems.

Asked over 1 year ago - Wheaton, IL

I have gotten arrested for retail theft in 3010 & it will finally be expunged April of this year. I also got a DUI in October of January 7th 2013. & I also got a ticket for driving with a suspended license while I had a DUI. Can I still join the navy if that's all getting expunged or do I have to wait Til everything is over?

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

Answered . See a recruiter, they are the experts, not lawyers as regards enlistment requirements. That said, as a former navy recruiter I am comfortable saying your chances of enlisting sit at zero. No recruiter will work up your package and attempt to get all the required waivers (you are currently ineligible to enlist), Its simply not worth the trouble. I am sorry for the harsh review, but that is the bottom line.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . You need to speak to your recruiter. The recruiter will be able to tell you whether or not you can join the Navy. Good luck.

3. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

2

Answered . It's going to be tough with that "background."
    The military is in a drawdown of personnel. They are being very picky.
    You will not be enlisted if you are still on probation or something similar.

4. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

Answered . If you have all of the documrntation it will Your recruiter will assist you with details.

It is best to have accomplished the expungement.

It sounds like your in good shape. Thank you in advance for your service.