Am I allowed to go into the navy with certain legal problems.

Wheaton, IL |
Filed under: Military law

I have gotten arrested for retail theft in 3010 & it will finally be expunged April of this year. I also got a DUI in October of January 7th 2013. & I also got a ticket for driving with a suspended license while I had a DUI. Can I still join the navy if that's all getting expunged or do I have to wait Til everything is over?

You need to speak to your recruiter. The recruiter will be able to tell you whether or not you can join the Navy. Good luck.

If you have all of the documrntation it will Your recruiter will assist you with details.

It is best to have accomplished the expungement.

It sounds like your in good shape. Thank you in advance for your service.

Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney before acting. Law Offices of Raymond G. Wigell, Ltd. Defenders of the Constitution since 1975/ Aggressive Creative Defense Strategies/ Website: www.waaltd.com 24/7 --(708) 481-4800.

It's going to be tough with that "background."
The military is in a drawdown of personnel. They are being very picky.
You will not be enlisted if you are still on probation or something similar.

www.court-martial.com; www.court-martial.us.com; mljucmj@gmail.com 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

See a recruiter, they are the experts, not lawyers as regards enlistment requirements. That said, as a former navy recruiter I am comfortable saying your chances of enlisting sit at zero. No recruiter will work up your package and attempt to get all the required waivers (you are currently ineligible to enlist), Its simply not worth the trouble. I am sorry for the harsh review, but that is the bottom line.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Military law topics