Am I allowed to appeal part of the stipulation that went along with my deferred finding?

Leesburg, VA |

More specifically, I am on deferred finding for domestic assault, and one of the stipulations of probation was that I am not allowed to touch firearms of any kind. This prevents me from enlisting in the military. Is there any chance of appealing this stipulation?

Charge: Domestic Assault and Battery Probation Length: 24 Months

If it was a stipulation, then you agreed to it and generally can not appeal an agreement. You do have the option to file a motion to request a reconsideration of the condition, but you may risk loosing your deferred finding. You need to talk to the lawyer defending you, and if you didn't have one, get one before you move forward.

REMEMBER, my answer to your question is for general informational purposes, as I don't know all the facts and circumstances relating to the specific person(s) and situations involved. You should always consult with an attorney prior to making any legal decision. This response does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship. For specific information regarding your case, call my office at 703-499-5843 to schedule a free 30 minute consultation.

No. G.I. Joe has to wait until probation is successfully completed and you receive your dismissal.