Am I able to sue for slander, libel, defamation of caricature?

Nashville, TN |

I'm 3 months shy of being unemployed for a year. I recently found out from a person who works for a company I applied to. That the reason I was not hired, was because of what the head of HR said about me on Facebook from my last job. She has said some very nasty things that are not true nor the reason I was let go. All this and proclaiming it as fact! I'm wondering if this is why I haven't been hired. Most of employment opportunities have asked for Facebook / Twitter. Her post is still on my Paige I have thought of deleting it, but feel that I should be able to do more than that. Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

1. Discuss it with a lawyer. I suspect you will be told that you are contributing to your problem by allowing it to stay up.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

2. You might have a case, but how are you going to prove you were not hired because of the negative post on your FB/Twitter? Just in case, make a copy of the negative post then delete it. No sense in continuing to allow others to see her negative comments. You will have a hard time getting any evidence why you didn't get the job from those processing your job applications. No one "wants to get involved" in being a witness in a lawsuit.

3. Report abuse to FB